Invade Earth is an online game based on Risk 2210 A. D., Risk: Godstorm, and other variants of Risk. It is an open source freeware project that I created between 2005-2008. Invade Earth is not under active development, but… the security updates in Java 7 broke Invade Earth, so when people started asking about it, I rebuilt it and signed it with a legitimate certificate. You can access the latest version it below.
- Multiple rule sets and maps, including Invade Earth A.D. 2210, Classic, Secret Mission, and Pantheon (our version of Risk: Godstorm)
- Several expansions with new rules
- Play against the built-in computer opponents
- Play against your friends, either at home or across the Internet
- Create your own custom maps
- Set custom rule values to alter gameplay
Requires that you have Java 7+ installed. Since it is Java-based, you can play it on Windows, Mac, or Linux. Mac users may have to jump through hoops disabling Gatekeeper and Safari “security” settings to get it to work. Latest version: 3.2.1